Monday, March 28, 2005

Distance

Mix 1 part vitriol, 1 part hope, 1 part irony. Stir. Pour into tall glass. Serve with bitterness.


We could walk around forever
Soak up the day between us
We could ride around forever
Spend all day just the two of us

The time has come for you to move on
You never forget to write me
I'm sorry I never did write you back
It's perfectly fine for you to move on

Now how ironic: There's a growing distance
Now how ironic: growing between us

Now nearly a decade has gone by
Cleaning up reveals the memories
Of a life long past, not forgotten
Desperately hoping for a second chance

Now how ironic: We're closing on the distance
Now how ironic: We're closer than we've been before

A night on the town with you was a treat
You invited me to come over
Looks like things are going great
But it looks like I was mistaken

Now how ironic: There's a growing distance
Now how ironic: growing between us

Now I feel strangely alone again
You never did call or write me
I would have gladly come right over
If only you had invited me

Now how ironic: There's a growing distance
Now how ironic: growing between us

Now how ironic: We're closing on the distance
Now how ironic: We're closer than we've been before

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home