New Song 3 (Just before I Go)
Take the character from 'Clear Tape', fast forward 10 years, rip out his still-beating heart, and spit on him. Oh, and call his mother a dirty whore and kick him in the head.
Capo on 4th fret (edgy diminuitive, half step down from the angelic 5th). Music was originally written on mandolin and later transposed to guitar. So it can go either way, or both.
Can you look in my eye and tell me what it's like
To never have to know one who has never had to love
And what we say to one if we get to know them
And then there'd be an answer
at the far end of hope
Just one look, was all I wanted
Just one chance, was all I ever ask
To see the sun, sparkle your hair
To see the light, glitter in your eyes
Just before I go...
I can't wait to meet you, I can't wait to try
I don't understand your motives, I don't understand these lies
Was it something I said long ago?
I'm asking for the oppportunity to say "Hello"
Just one look, was all I wanted
Just one chance, was all I ever ask
To see the sun, sparkle your hair
To see the light, glitter in your eyes
Just before I go...
I won't be coming home...
I won't be coming home...
I won't be coming home
I'm done with this ride I don't want to feel the pain
I paid all my debts, and I talked a good game
So don't reach out for me I'm leaving all alone
I don't want to bring you down
I don't want to bring you down
Just one look, was all I wanted
Just one chance, was all I ever ask
To see the sun, sparkle your hair
To see the light, glitter in your eyes
Just before I go...
I won't be coming home
I won't be coming home
Don't stay up late for me
Don't wait for me at the door
I won't be coming home
I won't be coming home....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home